Our favorite song at home right now is that song from the movie "Maverick" when they’re playing football on the beach. The quote that's hitting me right now:
“I don’t know what you’ve been told, but time is running out, no need to take it slow”.
Perhaps it's because I’m watching 3 boys grow up way faster than I want them to or the sudden realization that I’m not getting any younger, but I’ve been giving a lot of thought lately to time, and how one spends it.
Most recently - I learned of a website called 4kweeks.com. Not to be too morbid, but we all basically (hopefully) have about 4,000 weeks that we get to live on this amazing earth. So I ordered a poster (yet to arrive) and I’m looking to use it to make sure I’m getting as much out of each week as possible. And here’s a shocker, my positivity, productivity, and overall effectiveness are directly correlated to my activity levels.
My encouragement for you this month is to make time for yourself because no one else will, and we have a finite amount of it. And what the heck, pool season is right around the corner, so you might as well get ready :)
Have a great April!
- We have a couple of new episodes of our podcast up. If you missed the Pelvic Floor seminar Friday, here's a podcast with Tanner digging in. Our sit with Doc Ehly will be posted next week!
- We have two new members of the team in long-time client Dr. Tom Cotter, who is a Chiropractor, and Jerrad O’Malley, who’s currently a Physical Therapy student at KU.
- We added a new class time at 3:15 pm Monday - Thursday. Try it out!
- Hero Week is May 22 - 29th, and it’s going to be a doozy again this year! (you have eight days to complete five workouts) We’re raising money for service dogs through FISH once again and are excited to beat last year’s contribution!
- Enjoy some family time this weekend - We’re closed on Easter.
- We’re hosting the Middle Creek Meltdown trail race again at the farm again this summer - Saturday June 24th. We have three options for distances 5/10/15 miles, and we’re going to have childcare if you want to bring your littles! Sign up here and use the code 2020FIT to get $20 off.
- The next FREE Community Restore Yoga is Sunday May 21st. Mark your calendar.
- The biggest game changer for me right now? Having Jeremy set my screen time password so my phone goes dumb at 7 pm. Get a buddy to set yours and get to enjoy a bit more of your life.